The Cassandra Universal Driver v. 1.0 has been released.
Features at a glance:
- Work as web service via Tcp/Ip
- Allows to act as a proxy, so having several layers in your architecture
- Allows to be queried from distant servers not having any other driver, just querying via Tcp/Ip http request
- Support latest version of CQL
- Driver based on Python
- Provides all the data as String. No bizarre data type conversions
- Webserver can be any supporting Python (Apache, lighthttpd, etc…) and so supports all its features like gzip data compression, etcetera
Features currently under development:
- Username and Password support
- Different port support
- BASE64 optional encoding
- Response in XML, JSon
Take a look at the Manual for starting.