Download a Virtual Image for Virtual Box, with all set ready to start.
Use the Cassandra Universal Driver to query the database.
You can query in text/plain or in XML.
Learn more in the Manual.
Use it to create your Keyspaces, query the database, insert, etc…
It is located under client_samples/php/sample_php_form.php
Go to Manual to see some CQL 3 sample queries.
Current version is V. 1.16.
Cassandra Universal Driver has all these Features:
- Work as web service via Tcp/Ip
- So can be consumed (clients) by any Operating System (Linux, Mac, Unix, Windows)
- Allows to be local or act as a proxy, so allows having more layers in your architecture if you want
- Allows to be queried from distant servers not having any other driver, just querying via Tcp/Ip http request
- Support latest version of CQL
- Driver based on Python (official Datastax’s Cassandra driver)
- Provides all the data as String. No bizarre data type conversions needed. Just easy
- Webserver for C.U.D. can be any supporting Python (Apache, lighthttpd, nginx…) and so supports all its features like gzip data compression, etcetera
- Response can be as textplain with field and row separatators (easy for bash grep and awk scripts) or XML
- Support UTF-8 (and so accents, ç, ć, etc..)
- Partial support for set, map, list (Although is not recommended)
- The driver can query any Cassandra host and port specified
Features currently under development:
- Username and Password support
- BASE64 optional encoding
- Response in JSon